- How can I contribute to the Festival: How generous of you to offer! The Festivals are a community event, and the more engagement there is, the better. There are two big ways guests can First, you can host an activity or event of your own. If you have any ideas, big or small, please contact Unseen Dragon so we can discuss the details. Second, you can contribute monetarily via the Donate page which helps offset some of the cost of hosting the event.
- What are my lodging options: May is great for inside or outside accommodations (historical nighttime averages are a high of 50s and low 60s). For those interested in outside camping, there is a lot of room between the two properties. For those wishing to sleep inside, my home is large enough to accommodate everyone, however, I am limited on beds/couches/etc… I estimate there is bedding and couches for 5-6 with plenty of room for sleeping bags and air mattresses (we’ve done 15+ in the past). If you can bring a tent/sleeping bag/air mattress/blankets, please do. If you are flying, and need bedding/couch space, ask and I will do the best to accommodate. If you have extra room in your tent or extra mattresses, etc…, please be virtuous and make them available).
- What about early arrival/late departure: The event starts Friday afternoon with some optional activities. The main event begins Friday night and ends Sunday afternoon. If you need accommodations before/after the event, please ask and I can help you find local hotel options around. For those interested in a longer stay, the Washington,DC/Baltimore/Annapolis area hosts a number of sites and museums not to be missed. Those arriving early may want to arrange with others to head into one of the cities.
- What if I have diet restrictions: There is generally a combination of home cooked food and catering for meals. If you have specific allergies or diet restrictions, please note it on your RSVP. No promises can be made, but I will work to make reasonable accommodations.
- How do I get there: Unseen’s house in Columbia, MD which is located between Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD. Those flying are encouraged to use Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) which is about 20 minutes from the venue and generally has the best prices. Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Washington National Airport (DCA) are within an hour by car and might have better options for you.
- Can I bring a guest who is not involved in Ultima/SotA/etc…: Let’s talk, but probably.
- Is this going to be like event X: Probably not, each Festival is different
- I have another question: Then ask